Compact and lightweight external flash compatible with i-TTL flash operation
The SB-400* has been developed to provide an entry-level external flash unit that is compatible with i-TTL flash operation and provides i-TTL flash operation in a compact and lightweight body at an affordable price. The SB-400 offers a guide number of 30 (ISO 200, m), and effortless bounce flash function.
In combination with cameras compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System, the SB-400 is controlled in i-TTL and D40's M (manual) mode. Its flash head can be tilted in four steps - horizontal, 60, 75 and 90 degrees - and has a flash shooting distance range from 0.6m to 20m (depending upon the ISO setting). Slow Sync, Red-eye Reduction, and other flash modes can also be set on the camera body.
With the SB-400, users can easily enjoy brighter and more natural lighting for better flash pictures.
*SB-400 cannot be used with cameras incompatible with Nikon's Creative Lighting System. SB-400 is not compatible with Advanced Wireless Lighting.
• Compatible with i-TTL and D40's M mode
• Flash head can be tilted in four steps: horizontal, 60, 75 and 90 degrees
• Flash shooting distance range: 0.6m - 20m (depending on the ISO setting)
• Guide number: 30 [ISO 200, m, 20íC]
• Angle of coverage: 18mm (with Nikon-DX format cameras), 27mm (with Nikon F6)
• Depending on the camera in use, the following flash modes are available: Slow Sync, Red-eye Reduction, Red-eye Reduction with Slow Sync, Rear-curtain Sync, FV Lock, Exposure Compensation, M (manual, only with D40 camera)
• Power source: two AA-size 1.5V batteries (also compatible with lower voltage batteries)