Versatile, easy-to-use Speedlight, compatible with Nikon FX and DX format SLRs, and the Nikon Creative Lighting System. Incredibly intuitive to operate, it boasts a range of advanced functions that make it simple to manage the quality and direction of light. Three illumination patterns provide total control over flash coverage and the easily accessible A:B mode enables wireless control of multiple flash units. With a compact body, it is the ideal piece of kit to have at hand when you want to shoot creatively or attain more balanced images in tricky lighting situations.
•Versatile I-TTL (intelligent TTL) Speedlight compatible with FX and DX format SLRs, and the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
Multi-step power-zoom: covers a wide 24-120mm angle of view.
Intuitive operation: the large, easy-to-read LCD screen and conveniently placed controls make it easy to adjust settings.
Guide number: 25(EVEN)/28 (STD)/30 (CW) (FX-format, ISO 100, m, at 35mm). Maximum guide number: 38 (STD, FX-format, ISO 100, m, at 120mm).
Centre-weighted, Even and Standard illumination patterns can be selected to match the shooting situation at hand.
High-speed recycling time: approx. 2.5 seconds when using NiMH or alkaline batteries and approx. 3.5 seconds with lithium batteries.
A:B mode for quick wireless control: allows control of the light ratios of A and B group Speedlight units.
Firmware can be upgraded via the storage media in the attached camera.
Automatic thermal protection system: warns of excessive heat build up during high intensity firing and delays recycling time if necessary.
Automatic filter detection: Speedlight automatically adjusts the attached camera's colour temperature settings according to the colour of the filter being used.
AF-Assist illumination: covers focal length of 24-135mm*. Compatible with Multi-CAM3500 AF sensors.
• Electronic construction : Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
• Guide number (at 35 mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20 ¡C) : 28/92 (ISO 100, m/ft.), 39/128 (ISO 200, m/ft.)
• Effective flash output distance range (in i-TTL mode) : 0.6 m to 20 m (2 ft. to 66 ft.) (varies depending on camera's image area setting, illumination pattern, ISO sensitivity, zoom head position, and lens aperture in use)
• Illumination pattern : There are three illumination patterns: standard, even and center-weighted The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats
Available flash mode
• i-TTL • Manual flash • Distance-priority manual flash
Other available functions
• Test firing, monitor pre-flashes, AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF, and modeling illumination
Nikon Creative Lighting System
• A number of flash operations are available with compatible cameras: i-TTL mode, Advanced Wireless Lighting, FV lock, flash color information communication, auto FP high-speed sync and AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF
Multiple flash-unit photography operation
• Advanced Wireless Lighting • SU-4 type wireless multiple flash-unit photography (in remote mode)
Flash exposure control set on the camera
• Camera's sync modes: slow sync, red-eye reduction slow sync, front-curtain sync, rear-curtain sync, rear-curtain slow sync Photography functions: auto FP high-speed sync, FV lock, red-eye reduction
• Flash head tilts down to 7¡ or up to 90¡ with clickstops at -7¡, 0¡, 45¡, 60¡, 75¡, 90¡ Flash head rotates horizontally 180¡ to the left and right with click-stops at 0¡, 30¡, 60¡, 75¡, 90¡, 120¡, 150¡, 180¡
• Rotate the power switch/wireless mode switch for multiple flash units to turn the SB-700 on or off Standby function can also be set
• Use four AA-type batteries of the same brand from any of the following types: • 1.5 V alkaline AA batteries • 1.5 V lithium AA batteries
• Rechargeable 1.2 V NiMH AA batteries For minimum number of flashes and recycling time of each battery
• The SB-700 is fully recycled: lights up Insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL or distance-priority manual flash mode): blinks
Flash-ready indicator (in remote mode)
• The SB-700 is fully recycled: blinks Insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL mode or AUTO mode in SU-4 type wireless multiple flash-unit photography ): blinks
Flash duration (approx.)
• 1/1042 sec. at M1/1 (full) output 1/1136 sec. at M1/2 output 1/2857 sec. at M1/4 output 1/5714 sec. at M1/8 output 1/10000 sec. at M1/16 output 1/18182 sec. at M1/32 output 1/25000 sec. at M1/64 output 1/40000 sec. at M1/128 output
Mounting foot lock lever
• Provides secure attachment of the SB-700 to camera's accessory shoe using locking plate and locking pin to prevent unintentional detachment
-3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV steps in i-TTL mode
• 11 items
• Thermal cut-out, firmware update
• Dimensions (W ? H ? D)
• Approx. 71 x 126 x 104.5 mm (2.8 x 5.0 x 4.1 in.)
• Weight : Approx. 360 g (12.7 oz.) (Speedlight only) Approx. 450 g (15.9 oz.) (with four 1.5 V alkaline AA batteries)
• Accessories supplied
Speedlight Stand AS-22, Nikon Diffusion Dome SW-14H, Incandescent Filter SZ-3TN, Fluorescent Filter SZ-3FL, Soft Case SS-700